Daylight Metvix treatment is a prescription cream used in conjunction with natural sunlight to treat actinic keratosis (pre-skin cancers).
Patients are advised to come into the clinic with their faces cleansed & free of make-up.
Details of Procedure
- A sunscreen will be applied to the treatment area and it will be allowed to absorb for 15 mins.
- The area will be gently scraped with curettage and the Metvix cream will be applied.
- After application DO NOT touch, rub, wear a hat, or sunglasses as the Metvix needs to be absorbed by affected skin.
- The Metvix cream must absorb for 30 minutes maximum without direct light exposure. During this time you can return homeor to your activation site.
- After the 30 minutes, expose the treated skin to sunlight for 2 hours or for 3 hours if overcast.
- Remember to apply SPF 30 or higher to non-treatment areas prior to exposure.
- The SPF CANNOT contain Zinc Oxide or Titanium Dioxide during this time. After the treatment you can resume using an SPF with Zinc Oxide or Titanium Dioxide if you wish.
- You need to cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser after your treatment until it is fully healed.
- You must AVOID exposure to sun or ultraviolet light for 48 hours post treatment.
- You must wear an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen on a regular basis to protect your skin from further damage.
- If necessary, post-treatment care guidelines will be provided to you. Redness and/or swelling may occur at the treatment site but it typically goes away by the third day.
Actinic Keratosis damage is a chronic issue and you will likely need to repeat treatments in the future.
Do it for you.
Book a consultation today by filling out our online form. You can also contact us by phone or email: